COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Updated: June 1st, 2020
Our focus is to protect the health and safety of our employees and residents. We continue to track COVID-19 updates and will continue to follow the guidance from local and federal officials. Please understand we are in a very fluid and dynamic environment with major changes and developments happening hourly. We are doing our best to minimize confusion and take care of your needs as quickly as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, Cornerstone’s office is closed and staff is temporarily unable to provide written receipts at the time of payment.
If a receipt for rent is needed, please drop off checks or money orders in the rent drop box at the main office: 665 N. Grant St. and include a note with your name, building, unit number and preferred method of receipt — via email or mail.
If you are able, please utilize the online RENTCafe resident portal to make payments. Receipts are emailed immediately upon payment submission and we accept payments via ACH, debit card or credit card.
Thank you for your patience, flexibility and understanding during these temporary changes.
COLORADO HOUSING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
This is an extensive list of resources available to Colorado residents who may be struggling to pay rent because of the Coronavirus.
Organizations on the list are broken down by state, state nonprofit, county and city resources. From federal to city resources, there are many options available to residents during this time.
LOOKING FOR WORK / UNEMPLOYMENT RESOURCES
If you are looking for work and to supplement income, there are various employers hiring in health care, grocery store and delivery sectors — register at connectingcolorado.com for more information.
You can file a wage claim to recover wages if you haven’t been paid for any hours worked. Note: due to staff working remotely due to the impacts of the Coronavirus, the best way to file a wage claim online is to send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE INFO: How to file a wage claim
There are unemployment benefits available to residents who have lost a job due to the Coronavirus. People who are independent contractors, 1099 workers or self-employed may not be eligible to file a claim. To see if you qualify, check the common unemployment questions in the FAQs — Am I eligible for unemployment benefits if….?
To help with the volume of unemployment claims Colorado is receiving, The Dept. of Labor and Employment created a system to file unemployment claims.
If you need to file an unemployment claim and your last name:
-Begins with the letter A – M: file a claim on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday after 12 PM
-Begins with the letter N – Z: file a claim on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday before 12 PM
Resources for workers: unemployment insurance benefits, paid sick leave, wage claims, more
Resources for employers: alternatives to laying off employees, rapid response, unemployment insurance
MORE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Dial 211 and enter in your zip code for additional resources
Colo. Dept. of Public Health & Environment: Information on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
WATCH: Coronavirus (COVID-19) preventative tips & information
Office & Leasing
- We are currently offering in person tours upon request. Please be aware our agents will be practicing social distancing, and you will be required to wear a mask for the tour.
- The Cornerstone office can be reached via phone at 303-333-1999 but the office is closed to the public.
- Please continue to submit all non-emergency work orders through your online resident portal or by calling 303-333-1999.
- While we understand toilet paper can be tough to find at this time, using alternative products like paper towels and wipes are not allowed. These items can cause major backups to the plumbing system at your building.
- All common area amenity spaces are currently closed until further notice
- If you need rental assistance please visit Denver.org/housing () If you need a copy of your lease, W9, or ledger for a rental assistance program, please email with your name, building, and unit number and exactly what documents you need.
- If you have lost your job due to COVID-19 and will have trouble paying your rent for April or May, Cornerstone is offering Payment Deferment Plans. To qualify you must have filed a claim with the Colorado Department of Labor & Employment. Please email with your name, building, and unit number for more details.