Do you have your 5280 Free Rides Pass yet?
Thanks to Denver Public Works, the 5280 program provides a free Denver B-cycle Annual Pass to 5,280 qualifying Denver residents on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Annual Access Pass gives riders access to their system and 60 minutes of free ride time until December 31, 2019. To qualify, you must be a full-time resident of the City and County of Denver.
How It Works:
To redeem your free Annual Pass:
1. Email email@example.com a copy of a qualifying document showing you are a Denver City and County resident (see below) OR bring your document to their office at 2737 Larimer St. Suite A Denver, CO 80205. They are open from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday.
2. New Members: They will give you a promo code to sign up for your Annual Pass on https://denver.bcycle.com/join . You can also come to their office to sign up in person. Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Please note they are a dog friendly office. (There are no dogs on Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
- On the sign-up page, select Annual Pass, click on “Have a promo code?” and insert your promo code. The price will be $0.00 once the promo code is accepted.
- You will have to create a profile and add a valid credit card. The credit card remains on file for bike liability and any overtime fees. Your pass will be valid through December 31, 2019.
- Once you create or renew your account, your Annual Pass will be valid until December 31, 2019.
- Your account will be active immediately and you can check out a bike at any of their 89 stations across Denver.
3. Renewing Members: If you are a renewing member, you just need to send us your qualifying document and we will extend your membership to December 31, 2019.
There are three ways to access B-cycles:
- 1. With your B-card: Your B-card will arrive about a week after sign-up. The B-card allows you to check out a bike directly from the dock. It is the fastest way to access the system.
- 2. With the BCycle app: Download the app here, once downloaded just sign into your account and you can check out a bike.
- 3. With your mobile number at any kiosk: Go to any kiosk, hit “Start,” “Checkout A Bike,” then “Pass Holder” and type in your mobile number. The system will send you a code to type into the kiosk and that will check out a bike.
How To Qualify:
Any of these documents can be used to verify your eligibility for a 5280 pass:
1. A valid Colorado driver’s license or valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue that shows the current name and address of the resident.
2. A copy of a current (within the last 30 days) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the current name and address of the resident.
Please note: your information will be properly discarded immediately upon qualification. Denver B-cycle will not keep any of your submitted information on file.