The Wheatley Flats
- 1 Bed
- 1 Bath
The Wheatley, an urban infill project completed in 2016, is a five-story mixed-use apartment building in the Five Points neighborhood featuring 100 units that range from studios to two-bedroom apartments. The building includes deed-restricted affordable housing, with 18 of its units budget-priced to promote inclusion in the community. The Wheatley is also home to 14 three-story townhomes, office space, and on-site retail. This project, Palisade's initial entry into the Five Points neighborhood, was one of the first of its kind during the ongoing renaissance and revitalization of the area. Inside The Wheatley, residents can enjoy community amenities such as on-site parking, a fitness center, a rooftop deck with a fire pit and grills, a coffee bar, plus a clubroom with a ping pong table and an entertainment-sized kitchen. Additionally, there is bicycle storage, package lockers, and a recycling program. All units have either a private balcony or a Juliette balcony so that residents can take in the city and the mountain views from the comfort of their own homes. The Wheatley is a pet-friendly community, so you and your furry friend can enjoy the in-unit features such as secured entry, in-unit laundry, quartz countertops, wood-inspired flooring, walk-in closets, and more.The building's exterior features a monument dedicated to Phillis Wheatley, the building's namesake. The Wheatley YMCA was historically located on the same city block as The Wheatley project, and led the charge against racial prejudice, while promoting gender and racial equality. Phillis Wheatley was one of the first women and the first African American poet to be published, and this building is a nod to keeping her legacy alive. "And Heavenly Freedom spread her gold Ray," referencing the nation's fight for freedom and let this bequest, Wheatley, spread her gold ray on Welton Street for years to come.The building's design was primarily influenced by the historic Rossonian Hotel just two blocks down the street, capturing effervescent cultural elements sprinkled throughout the project. Five Points is known for its history of music, specifically jazz, which is still prominent in the modern neighborhood. Enjoy live music at Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom, get your morning fuel from the famous Rosenberg's Bagels, and put your feet up at the new Beer Spa. The Wheatley is just a mere few steps away from the 25th and Welton Light Rail Station to take you downtown or out of town. The Five Points neighborhood gets its name from the five-way intersection at its heart, demonstrating just how accessible it is. Live here, get anywhere. The Wheatley has received several awards, including a $100,000 grant from the Welton Design and Development Challenge by the Denver Office of Economic Development, the 2016 Downtown Denver Partnership Award promoting economic vitality in the city, and a finalist for the ULI Impact Award for infill projects.
Available Units (2)
*Rates subject to change based on lease terms and move-in date.
Click the calculator icon to view the pricing matrix.
- Studio: $700 Deposit Due at Move In
- 1 Bed: $800 Deposit Due at Move In
- 2 Bed: $900 Deposit Due at Move In
- $250 Refundable Pet Deposit (Per Pet)
- $30/Month Pet Rent (Per Pet)
- Resident pays all utilities including Xcel (Electric)
- Utilities billed by a third party, amount changes monthly based on usage
- $10/Month Pest Fee
- Garage Parking: $110/Month (Subject to Availability)
- Garage Parking + Storage $150 (Subject to Availability)
- IR = Income Restricted. To qualify, 1 person must make between $40,000 and $55,950 in gross annual income
- Guarantors are not permitted for Income Restricted units.
- Deposit Free with Rhino
- In-Unit Laundry
- Reserved Parking**
- Rooftop Deck/Patio
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Controlled Entry
- Fitness Center
- Smoke-Free Building
- Walk In Closets*
- Central Heating and Air
- Coffee Machine
- Fire pit/Grill
- Game Room
- Leeds Certified Building
- Light Rail Access
- Parcel Pending Package System
- Pet Friendly
- Vinyl Plank Floors
- Affordable Housing Program
- Cable Ready
- Ceiling Fans
- Applicant’s gross income (before taxes) must equal 3 times monthly rent.
- Roommates must have combined income of 3 times monthly rent.
- Income verification (paystubs, bank statements, offer letters, etc.) from the last 2 months are required at time of application.
- If you do not qualify financially, we require a guarantor/cosigner who makes 5x rent per month (before taxes).
- $0-$99 in delinquent debt: Approved. $100-$2499 in delinquent debt: 1 month's rent as a deposit. $2500-$5000 in delinquent debt: 1 month's rent as a deposit + a cosigner. $5000+ in delinquent debt: Declined.
- Evictions in the last 7 years: Declined.
- Violent misdemeanor in the last 5 years: Declined.
- Felony charge in the last 5 years: Declined.
- Please reference the "Help" page for more details on qualifications.
- Rosenberg's Bagels
- Rino Arts District
- Welton Street Cafe
- Art Galleries
- Cervantes Ballroom
- Jazz Fest
- Denver Light Rail